Friday 1 August 2008

Treehouse Living

Just an introductory few remarks about living in a treehouse in Portugal. Actually, it's an organic cork farm and the treehouse is a part of it. The main building is up the top and then the treehouse is to the left and downwards in the photo. It's up a big walnut tree. No electricity yet and the only running water is that which I've piped down from a local spring. Bit chilly in the Winter but makes up for it come March. I'm in the middle of a huge project to rejuvenate the whole farm and intend to keep a journal on this blog. Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. PS sleeping here is like a dream if that makes sense, total relaxation.

4 comments:

lets pretend everybody wants peace said...

a few months ago my imagination came up with this idea that of living in a treehouse in portugal. odd, considering i've never been to portugal or lived in a treehouse. anyhow, i've been talking about it nonstop and a friend just send me the link to your blog. i'm j-e-a-l-o-u-s!

Unknown said...

Hi man
Do you and Laurie know each other?
He's got some land probably near you, check out surfalgarve.com
Listen, Im moving to Algarve for the winter, would love to come visit your place!
Could you send me an e-mail at
seb.pintea@gmail.com
Maybe give me a phone nr!?
Best regards
/Sebastian

unidentified said...

radness.

En Trädgårdslärjunge said...

Hey Treehouse Surfer!

Im travelling by bicycle through Europe. I have just arrived in Portugal, I am in Porto at the moment. I am going to move down the coast in the comming days. I found the link to this site on wwoof, but I am not a full member there yet, I do have a profile on helpx.net.

I have been looking for a cool project like this to visit, and/or help out a bit if theres anything I could do.

If you are interested please send me an email and I can give you more information about me if you have any questions.

I love the treehouse, its a very cool project, and I would love too see it for myself!

Hope to hear from you, in any case, all the best!

maxtofi (at) gmail . com

//Max